For Routine Gas Insert & Fireplace Service & Troubleshooting, Call on Winston’s
One reason homeowners love gas inserts and fireplaces is that they’re low maintenance. No need to break a sweat getting the fire started or wait for the fire to die out so you can properly dispose of the ashes. With gas, everything’s as easy as pressing a button and kicking up your feet.
But low maintenance doesn’t mean no maintenance.
Every gas appliance manufacturer recommends annual inspections and service for gas appliances. So, you’ll still need to schedule routine service and cleanings for your gas fireplace, insert, or log set — and we can help.
Here at Winston’s Chimney Service, we’re experience gas appliance service technicians who know just what to do to keep things working and looking great.
Here are just some of the things we do when we service a gas appliance:
- Clean the glass
- Check the media for soot and adjust the heater as needed
- Inspect the gasketing and glass assembly
- Remove dirt and dust from firebox and logs
- Inspect the firebox for damage and rust
- Check the pilot assembly
- Clean the outside of the firebox
- Check the vent for blockages and damage
- Check the CO detector
- Check the burner
- Check the gas control valve and gas lines
- Check the blower operation
- Evaluate the flames and adjust the air shutter as needed
- Check thermocouple
- Check thermostat and remote
- Evaluate the condition of each component and recommend replacements as needed
- Reassemble the fireplace
What if You Didn’t Install My Gas Appliance?
Even if we didn’t install your gas appliance, we can service it. Our technicians are trained and proficient in all gas appliances and can safely and thoroughly meet your routine service needs. And if you’re having trouble with your appliance or experiencing any issues, we can quickly troubleshoot the problem and offer you the perfect solution.
Some common issues we resolve include:
- Problems with the burner or pilot light
- Excessive soot buildup
- Issues with the thermostat
- Problems with the blower
- And more
We also have a Master Gas Fitter on staff, so if there are issues with your gas line, we can look into it for you.
Get the Most Out of Your Gas Appliance — Schedule Service Today
Your gas fireplace, insert, or log set should bring you years of comfort. Make sure it does by scheduling routine service and addressing problems early on.
Call Winston’s Chimney Service. We’re A+ rated with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and you can count on our CSIA-certified and NFI-certified techs to take excellent care of you and your home.