Bringing High Quality Chimney and Masonry Services to Kensington
Kensington may have a small population, but this DC suburb makes up for it with its above average quality of life. Citizens of Kensington take pride in their homes, and Winston’s Chimney Service has the experience and professionalism to aid in their upkeep.
So, what makes Kensington one of our favorite places to serve? From great local parks to beautiful historic sites to any and all of the modern amenities needed for a fun-filled day out, this is a little town with a lot to offer.
We have decades of experience caring for the chimneys, fireplaces, and stoves of folks in the area, and can be on Summit Avenue, Farragut Avenue, Kensington Parkway, or Connecticut Avenue, and on our way to your home when you need us. Give us a call or reach out online today.
Trust Our Certified Chimney Sweeps
So, you’ve run your errands, mailed your letters, picked up some last minute grocery items for dinner, and just as you get home, you notice a chill in the air. Which reminds you… it’s about time to get your chimney inspection and sweeping scheduled. Why trust our sweeps for the job?
To start, our technicians are certified with the following:
Rest assured, when it comes to receiving chimney and fireplace care in Northern VA, Maryland, or the Greater DC area, we are by far the most qualified, experienced, and trained chimney technicians for the job. We’re even trusted at the highest elected offices in the country.
But we’re more than just our credentials. We also offer superior customer service, ensuring the neighborhoods we serve get the highest level of care possible. For a safer and more comfortable home, always trust us for all of your fireplace and venting needs.
Ready to get started? Our professional technicians will take care of your every need, whether you need a brand-new custom fireplace installed or your historical fireplace restored. Give us a call now or book with us online to get the ball rolling.
We Offer Chimney & Fireplace Repairs & Services
Winston’s Chimney Service provides top-to-bottom chimney services, including (but not limited to):
- Fireplace & Chimney Sweeping: Getting creosote and any other debris cleared out on the regular is a must. Our techs can ensure no animals, outdoor materials (like leaves and sticks), or combustible buildup is present.
- Fireplace & Chimney Inspections: Have you booked your annual inspection yet? If not, then it’s time to get it done, so you know you can use your fireplace safely.
- Fireplace & Chimney Repairs: A damaged chimney is an eyesore and a safety hazard, and we don’t want homeowners in our service area to have to deal with it. Let us fix up your system – there’s not much we can’t handle.
- Masonry Repairs: Is your masonry crumbling, cracked, and gapping? We offer tuckpointing, brick replacement services, and more. Then, we can waterproof your system so it stays looking good for the long haul.
- Chimney Cap & Damper Installs: Caps and dampers are two essential components that every chimney system must have to stay in tip-top condition. Trust our experts to install them correctly – and to provide you with the best products available.
- Leaky Chimney Repairs: Water in your flue? This is bound to cause a lot of damage if you don’t promptly address it. We both fix leaky chimney and then implement measures to avoid issues recurring down the line.
- Fireplace & Chimney Restoration: Do you have a broken down chimney or fireplace that needs some restoration help? We can get your crumbling, old, and outdated system looking great, so you don’t have to stress.
- Chimney Liner Replacement: A new liner can make all the difference in keeping your system operating more safely and efficiently. Ask us about our many chimney relining options.
Invest in Ultimate Protection With a Reliable Chimney Cap & Damper
If you’re worked with us in the past, then it’s clear that we’re all about ensuring your system stays running as safely and efficiently as possible. Because of this, we’re always happy to keep homeowners educated and in-the-know. And part of this is remembering that a chimney is made up of many moving parts – and if one or two of those are failing, you’re bound to face issues.
Two essential components that play a critical role in keeping things running well are dampers and chimney caps.
What’s the difference between a chimney cap and a damper?
- Chimney dampers help prevent heat loss and air-conditioned air loss when the fireplace is not in use by blocking off the flow of outside air into the home. They also play an important part in keeping smoke from blowing back into the living space while the fire is going.
- Chimney caps serve as an umbrella for the top of the chimney, helping to protect it against water, animal-related damage, and outside debris (such as leaves, grass clippings, and twigs).
In the end, installing quality dampers and caps will ensure maximum efficiency for any chimney system, leading to better airflow and harm-free operation for years to come.
What’s the difference between a chimney cap & a chimney crown?
Now, wait… isn’t the thing that sits at the top of your chimney a chimney crown? Is this the same thing as a chimney cap?
A chimney cap and a chimney crown may seem like the same thing, but they are, in fact, two very different components. The primary function of a chimney cap is to prevent animals, rain, and debris from entering the flue.
In contrast, a chimney crown provides structural support for the top of the chimney, and is actually built into the structure – not just installed on top. It essentially acts as a lid covering the brick chimney top, and it sits at an angle which prevents rainwater from running down into the interior walls and mortar joints of your chimney (and into your home). This also helps to send water away from the exterior sides of your chimney.
Another big difference between the two? What they’re made of. Chimney caps come in many different shapes and sizes to fit most standard-sized flues, and they can be made from metal or ceramic. They can also be ordered to size and are relatively low-cost – especially compared to the damage caused when the caps are not in place.
Chimney crowns are typically built from several layers of concrete and fortified with metal mesh reinforcements. You can’t just order a crown and install it – you have to build it onto the structure. That said, when properly constructed with sealed edges, they should last as long as your home stands.
What’s the difference between a chimney flue & a damper?
Like with the cap and crown, the damper and flue are often confused, as well – but they perform very different functions. The flue is basically a pipe that stretches from the firebox to the top of the chimney and serves as an exhaust for smoke, carbon monoxide, and other byproducts.
The damper also assists with airflow, but not in the same way. It is a valve-like device built into the chimney that helps to either stop or encourage the flow of smoke and gases. By closing off the damper when the fireplace isn’t in use, you can help prevent warm air from escaping your home and cold drafts from entering it.
Understanding how these components work together will ensure that your chimney stays efficient and effective for the long haul.
We Serve Both Local Homes & Businesses
We’ve been working on residential and commercial chimney systems in the area for decades, and that experience shows in the quality of our services. From restoring ornate fireplaces in beautiful historic buildings to maintaining elegant (or simple) newer fireplaces, Winston’s can do it all – and every job we do is based on our Service Excellence Guarantee, which shows you that we won’t settle for anything other than your complete satisfaction.
Why Trust Our Techs?
We’re proud that our focus on excellent service has earned us high marks from residential and commercial clients all around our Maryland, Northern Virginia and Washington, DC service area. Online reviews show hundreds of 5-star ratings and positive experiences, and our A+ score with the Better Business Bureau speaks for itself.
So, why should you turn to Winston’s Chimney Service? It’s simple. Our commitment to industry-leading quality and industry-leading service is second to none. Our certified and expertly trained technicians never stop their training – we all engage in regular hands-on education to further our skills and make sure we’re always striving to serve our clients even better. It’s not enough for us to be good at our jobs – we aim to be the best.
When it comes to your fireplace and chimney, you don’t want to wonder what kind of condition they are in – you want to know. When you hire a professional sweep from Winston’s Chimney Service, you’ll be provided with quality, thorough service and will know exactly what kind of condition your system is in when we leave.
Not only can we provide mess-free chimney sweeping services and make any necessary repairs, but we’ll also thoroughly inspect your system so that you can enjoy a warm fire with confidence.
In the end, we’ll always remain committed to maintaining those high marks, and our Service Excellence Guarantee is part of that commitment – we won’t settle for anything less than your total satisfaction and peace of mind.
Do You Need Financing for Your Chimney, Fireplace, or Venting Care?
We’re not here to sugarcoat anything or try to pull the wool over your eyes, so we’ll be the first to admit… chimney and fireplace repairs can get expensive. That said, they also aren’t something you can just put off. Otherwise, they’ll only worsen, and become even more expensive to address later on.
Fortunately, there are ways to ease the financial burden – we have both no-interest and low-interest loan options. Ask us about the following:
- 12-Month Same-As-Cash: With this, you’ll not pay any interest, and will have the chance to spread your repair costs out over the span of a year. That way, you’re not making a huge dent in your bank account all at once – and the costs involved will be much more manageable.
- 5-Year, Low-Interest Loan: Would you like to spread your payments out of a longer span of time? We also have longer low-interest loan options. While these do charge some interest, we do our best to keep rates low, so you’re not forced to shell out a whole lot of extra dough just to safely use your system.
Do one of these seem like a good route for you? Give us a call, we’d be happy to help you out.
Schedule With Us Today
Are you looking for a chimney care company you can count on in the Maryland or Norther VA area? Let Winston’s Chimney Service take care of all your chimney, fireplace, venting, and fire safety needs. We’re always learning and improving to ensure that our customers receive the best advice and service possible.
To schedule an appointment with one of our experienced and friendly chimney technicians, please give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We look forward to working with you for years to come!