Winston’s Is Here To Meet Chantilly’s Chimney, Venting & Masonry Needs
The team at Winston’s Chimney Service has been servicing chimneys and fireplaces in Northern Virginia for decades. If you’re a Chantilly homeowner who needs chimney or masonry of any kind, from regular maintenance to extensive repairs, we hope you’ll turn to us.
Our highly trained and certified technicians are focused on always providing the kind of excellent service that’s earned us an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. And since we’re based in this area, we understand the needs of Virginia homeowners – and the unique qualities of various homes throughout our wide service area.
Why Do Chantilly Homeowners Trust In Us?
Chantilly, VA is nestled conveniently among the Centreville, Willow Springs, and Schneider Crossroads communities. Resting in the shadow of the Washington Dulles International Airport and near the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center of the National Air and Space Museum, there’s no shortage of hustle and bustle.
Whether you’re looking to spend your day shopping, exploring museums, visiting parks, or enjoying some fine dining options, this is one area that won’t disappoint.
So, why do homeowners in this fine part of the state continue trusting us for chimney care year after year?
Our Exhaustive Service List
Folks living on Northbourne Drive, Melville Lane, Middle Ridge Drive, Poplar Tree Road, Point Pleasant Drive, and all roads and streets surrounding can rest easier knowing they can call Winston’s Chimney Service for regular maintenance, repairs, installation work, rebuilds, fireplace facelifts, and more.
From annual chimney inspections to relining, masonry repair, and waterproofing, our team does it all. Our trained and experienced technicians are held to the highest industry standards and receive ongoing and continuing education throughout the year. Whatever you need, we’ll get you taken care of.
Our Certifications & Credentials
At Winston’s, all of our techs are trained and certified by the Chimney Safety Institue of America (CSIA) and the Fireplace Investigation, Research & Education Service (F.I.R.E.), and we’re members of the following:
Award-Winning Customer Service
Combine all those qualifications listed above with our long list of awards and 5-star reviews, and you’ve got a company you can trust in for the long haul. Just ask your neighbors – when it comes to the best customer service in the area, we always come out on top. We care about the communities we serve, and we’ll always do everything possible to put your needs, vision, and budget first and foremost.
We’re always servicing and restoring chimneys throughout the Chantilly area, so if you’re out running errands, mailing a letter, or just enjoying some nice weather, be sure to look for our distinctive brick-covered vans. And when temps drop in the fall, make us your trusted crew for any and all things chimney, venting, and fireplace.
Call or reach out to us online soon.
Dealing With a Clogged Up Chimney?
A clogged up chimney can invite all kinds of hazards and issues. For one, they’re a huge fire hazard, and they also can be the cause of airflow issues, odors, gas leaks, smoke in the home, and more. So, what are the main reasons a homeowner might be experiencing a blocked up chimney? And how can the issue be resolved?
In particularly leafy areas, we always consider the possible contributions of trees when draft problems occur. That’s particularly true when a chimney is experiencing wind-induced downdrafts – when, rather than air drafting up and out of the chimney, it’s forced down through the fireplace opening, carrying in smoke and smells with it.
Overhanging and particularly large nearby trees can affect the wind flow around the chimney and contribute to a downdraft, so it’s always something we’ll look at and think about when we’re working on chimney systems throughout our service area. In addition, once leaves fall off in the fall, they’ll drop right in and clog things up.
If you think this is an issue for you, regularly trimming your trees and being aware of the issue can make a huge difference – and your gutters will thank you too!
No Chimney Cap
Chimney caps are particularly important in areas that experience both rainfall in the spring and snowfall in the wintertime. One of the chimney cap’s main roles is to keep unwanted water and materials out of the flue.
Without a chimney cap, you’re bound to experience chimney leaks, and you’ll be more prone to have flammable debris fall directly into the flue, too, contributing to draft-stopping blockages and dangerous fire hazards. In addition, animals will be more likely to set up camp in there, which, again, invites clogs.
If your chimney cap is damaged or missing, call Winston’s – we can make sure your chimney is properly protected by installing a durable new cover that’ll offer years of quality protection.
Another great benefit about living in Chantilly? It’s not hard to find free or cheap firewood. But always bear in mind that if you’re burning wood that hasn’t been dried or seasoned properly, you’ll contribute to higher levels of creosote production, which then affects your chimney’s air flow and can create a fire hazard.
The best rule of thumb is to make sure you dry any firewood for six months to a year before burning it. In addition, keep up with regular chimney sweeping appointments to be sure that creosote deposits are kept to a minimum.
If your chimney is vulnerable to leaks and water damage, then you’ll be a lot more likely to experience clogs. Not only can moisture combine with debris already lodged in your flue, causing it to expand and pile up, but it can cause damage to your masonry, which then might mean liner materials are breaking off and falling into the flue.
Whatever the issue is for you, finding a resolution – and fast – is a must. Fortunately, when it comes to moisture issues and chimneys, our experts have lots of options to get your system working well and back on track.
What Other Chimney & Fireplace Services Can We Help You With?
We provide comprehensive chimney, venting, and fireplace care, including:
- Fireplace Installation: From selection to placement to proper installation, we’re here to help with all of your fireplace installation needs. We sell and install gas systems (vented and vent-free), inserts, stoves, and more.
- Chimney & Fireplace Restoration: A damaged chimney is – let’s face it – a bit of an eyesore. Our restoration services focus on repairing damage and deterioration, including (but not limited to) repairing cracks, tuckpointing mortar joints, replacing bricks, and more.
- Chimney & Fireplace Sweeping: If you own a chimney, a sweep should be removing creosote buildup, debris, and other blockages from your flue on a regular basis. Booking this maintenance with us ensures proper airflow, helps prevent chimney fires, and maintains the efficiency of the fireplace or stove.
- Oil Flue Cleaning: Oil flue cleaning is specifically designed for chimneys or flues connected to your appliance that run on oil – like your furnace or boiler might. This isn’t something to neglect, and doing so could put your home at risk.
- Chimney & Fireplace Inspections: Chimney inspections should be completed on a yearly basis by a certified tech to ensure your system is operating safely with every burning season. If you have yet to schedule yours, get in touch today.
- Chimney & Fireplace Masonry Repairs: Restoring the structural integrity and appearance of the masonry doesn’t have to be an intimidating process – just trust our qualified masons from the start for a job done right.
- Chimney Relining: A well-fitted and reliable chimney liner plays a vital part in keeping your home and chimney better protected. Improve the safety and efficiency of the chimney system by asking us about our stainless steel options or about relining with HeatShield®.
- Leaky Chimney Repairs: Dealing with chimney leaks and water damage is a huge – and time-consuming and expensive – headache. Our techs know how to spot issues before they become a bigger problem and break down other areas of your home or chimney.
- Chimney Water Repellent: Bricks are porous, so keeping water away from them is a must. Our water repellent and industry-grade sealants offer that long-lasting protection you’re hoping for. They’ll prevent water penetration, and they’ll protect against future freeze/thaw cycles too. And no worries – they’re totally vapor- permeable.
- Chimney Waterproofing: Your chimney crown offers the first line of defense against rain, snow, sleet, and any other outdoor weather that could harm your system. Waterproofing provides an extra layer of protection against water intrusion, preventing leaks and further damage.
- Chimney Cap Installation: Without a properly-installed chimney cap in place, debris, animals, and rainwater will easily enter your chimney flue. If you don’t have one of these components in place, investing in one as soon as possible is a must.
- Damper Repairs & Installation: Dampers play a vital role in keeping your home protected and more comfortable when your chimney isn’t in use. If you need your current damper repaired or are considering investing in an upgrade, our experts are here to help.
- Chimney Odor Troubleshooting: Unfortunately, there are a number of potential causes for bad odors in a fireplace. Rest assured, though, our team can help identify and resolve them all. Once the source of the odor is identified, we’ll take appropriate measures to mitigate the issue.
- Gas Insert & Fireplace Installation: Gas insert and fireplace installation is always a job best left to the pros. From connecting the gas line to installing the unit to ensuring proper venting and safety measures when all is said and done, we’ll cover it all.
- Gas Line Installation: Need a new gas line installed? Don’t DIY it! This job requires expertise in gas plumbing and adherence to safety regulations, otherwise you could face some serious risks and hazards. Our experts are here to help.
- Gas Insert & Fireplace Services: Need your gas system maintained or serviced? Let us look things over. We’ll do everything possible to ensure safe and efficient operation for years to come.
For Exceptional Chimney & Fireplace Care, Turn to Us
If you live in or somewhere close to Chantilly and have been searching for an honest, experienced, and professional chimney and venting care company, we’ve got good news – your search is over.
Winston’s Chimney Service has decades of experience caring for homeowners in Northern VA, Washington, DC, and Maryland, and we’d love to add you to our long list of satisfied customers. If you need to schedule a service, reach out now by calling 703-379-5006 or by booking online with us today.
Thanks for trusting us.