Folks In Fairfax Have Trusted Winston’s Chimney Service For Decades
Since opening day in 1978, Winston’s Chimney Service has made excellence our norm, not our exception. We have always put the needs of our customers in Fairfax and the surrounding areas first, and we believe that the communities we serve deserve no less than the best.
That’s why we spend so much time perfecting our skills and investing in our education as a team. We hold certification and memberships with the:
- Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA)
- Fire Investigation Research & Education Service (FIRE)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG)
…and several other industry associations in order to stay at the leading edge of our industry.
So, once you’ve finished your day out and about enjoying Van Dyck Park, Providence Park, or any of the other areas this great city has to offer, ensure you have the best fireplace to warm up next to by trusting our techs from the start. Once temps drop, we want you to be ready – don’t hesitate to call or book online with us today.
We Have All Your Chimney & Venting Needs Covered
For decades, our team of expertly trained and certified technicians has been delivering quality chimney and fireplace repairs, restorations, relinings, sweepings, inspections, troubleshooting services, and more to our neighbors throughout Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC. Whether we’re working to restore a chimney system on an historic home or installing a new prefabricated chimney, we always deliver the most professional results.
Why? Because we believe our customers deserve the best.
Do you need a sweeping and inspection?
Every fireplace owner should be scheduling regular sweepings and inspections. How often, you ask? We suggest booking this maintenance on an annual basis. By getting a professional in to look things over before your burning season, you can rest easier knowing your system is in tip-top shape for the months of use ahead.
A chimney that’s neglected could experience all manner of issues, most of which put your home and family at risk. Ensure your risk of fire hazards, gas leaks, smoke exposure, and more are as low as possible by booking with our techs soon.
Do you have an oil flue in your home? These are typically attached to furnaces, and they need regular sweepings and cleanings too. If you’re due for maintenance, we’d be happy to take care of this for you.
Are repairs in order?
If an overview of your system revealed the need for repair services, we can help with all of that too. Rely on us for the following:
- Chimney & Fireplace Restoration
- Chimney & Fireplace Masonry Repairs
- Chimney Relining
- Leaky Chimney Repairs
- Chimney Water Repellent
- Chimney Waterproofing
- Chimney Cap Installation
- Damper Repairs & Installation
- Chimney Odor Troubleshooting
And if a repair service just won’t cut it and a new system is in order, we can help you with that process, from rebuilding your current system to having a new one installed. Trust in us from start to finish.
Need gas services?
We also provide quality gas services. Gas fireplaces, stoves, and inserts are known for burning cleanly and being super easy to put to use, but they still need annual servicing completed to remain in good condition. And avoiding this maintenance can lead to gas leaks, inefficiency, damages, and premature breakdowns.
Call us in the next time you need a new gas insert or fireplace installed, a new gas line installed, or your annual gas appliance servicing completed. We’re here to help with it all. Simply dial 703-379-5006, or book with us online now.
Interested in a Tankless Water Heater?
Our service list is exhaustive and comprehensive, even extending to water heater installation. There are lots of reasons homeowners are making the switch to tankless options – like heightened efficiency, no leak possibilities, less space taken up, and more – but the main draw is the fact that they simply won’t run out of hot water.
If you’re in a home with lots of other people – especially if those other people are teenagers – then you know how precious of a commodity endless hot water is. Never wait around to shower until your big tank-style system heats up again. Work with us to get your tankless water heater installed soon.
Virginia Winters Present Challenges To Fireplaces & Chimneys
Brick and masonry are porous by nature, and rainstorms can saturate exposed brick and mortar. Then, come winter and freezing temperatures, this absorbed water will expand and cause the brick to spall and crack. Mortar joints also take a beating with these temperature changes, flaking and crumbling away in the process.
The good news is that we’re here to help with any masonry damage. What do we offer homeowners in Fairfax and the surrounding cities?
- We can complete tuckpointing services, ensuring your mortar joints are restored and looking good.
- We can replace damaged or missing bricks.
- We can complete waterproofing services, so your masonry stays better protected down the line.
- We can restore any damages to your chimney crown, repairing or rebuilding it as needed.
At the end of the day, here’s what we want you to know – if your masonry has seen its share of damage from Virginia’s winters, we can help. Our trained masons can restore your fireplace and chimney, and professionally waterproof the masonry to prevent future damage.
Can I DIY masonry repairs?
Technically, yes – you can. And we’re not here to stop any homeowner from doing work on their own home. If you feel you have the tools, materials, and appropriate knowledge to get this type of work done, then go for it!
That said, remember that matching old bricks and mortar to new materials (both in color and composition) is highly important for ensuring your system stays structurally sound and looks aesthetically pleasing. Some caulk and a caulk gun won’t do here.
If you’d like to play it safe and ensure the job is done right the first time – and that you don’t wind up with more damages at the end of it all – we’d be happy to help. Give us a call or book online now.
How can I protect my chimney from water damage down the line?
A few improvements we commonly recommend include:
- Waterproofing: Having a waterproofing sealant applied to your chimney can markedly extend the service life of its masonry. It allows the material to function as it needs to, expelling vapors and tiny particles from the inside of the flue to the outside, while keeping moisture from being absorbed into the brick and mortar – and that can help stop leaks, degradation and erosion. It’s a small investment that we’ve seen bring significant benefits.
- Top-Sealing Dampers: The design of older throat dampers minimizes their effectiveness – they close off the flue using a metal plate that can corrode, break, or get stuck, and even when it’s working well, a metal plate can only seal so much. Top-sealing dampers, on the other hand, completely close off the flue using a rubber gasket, helping minimize energy loss and lasting far longer. These are much better dampers, and homeowners often see energy savings that pay for the damper in short order.
- Chimney Cap Installs: Chimney caps are vital for keeping your chimney system better protected as a whole. Not only do they keep out birds, squirrels, and other critters that can wreak havoc, but they protect your flue from water and harmful debris too. In the end, there’s truly not an easier or more affordable way to get long-lasting protection than having a quality cap properly fitted by our team.
Why Should You Rely on Winston’s?
You may be thinking, “Why should I trust my chimney to Winston’s Chimney Service?” Well, because no one is as passionate about your safety and satisfaction as we are. No one has the experience, training, and education that our techs do, and no crew is as trusted throughout the area – even the highest elected offices in the country trust in us.
For peace of mind, check out our reviews and see what your neighbors are saying about us. Once you do, we hope you’ll give us a call and allow us to make your life just a little bit easier.
Do you need financing?
Another great thing about working with us is that we offer financing options. We can either do a low-interest loan or we have a 12-month same-as-cash option too. We’d be happy to answer any questions you have about these, then offer whatever would work best for you.
When it comes to chimney care, putting off repairs and maintenance isn’t an option. If services aren’t in your budget, be sure to ask how we could best work with you.
Reaching Out To Us Is Easy
Whether your chimney and fireplace are new and simply need to be kept in tip-top shape year after year, or you’re looking to fully renovate your old hearth, you can count on our expert technicians to provide professional, long-lasting, and aesthetically pleasing results. Every service we offer is conducted with the utmost care and professionalism every time – guaranteed.
Ready to speak with our techs? Whether you have a question, need to book some maintenance, or would like an estimate on repairs or restorations, we’re here for you. There are two easy ways to reach us:
- Give us a call at 703-379-5006.
- Reach out to us online, and we’ll get in touch with you.
Thanks for choosing us. We can’t wait to prove ourselves to you.
Our friendly neighbors in Kensington MD love being part of our inclusive service area. They know that means all the chimney systems we service are being kept in the safest possible condition season after season… what a relief!