Summer is nearing the end, which means the cold weather months will be here before we know it. For homeowners with a fireplace this may be exciting news. Once fall and winter hit, the fireplace will be put to good use, heating the home and offering a cozy and welcoming aesthetic for evenings indoors and holiday gatherings.
But don’t get those flames going just yet… An important thing to remember during this time is to schedule your annual chimney cleaning and inspection. Once fall approaches, we get booked up fast, so now is the ideal time to get your maintenance started. Call 703-379-5006 or book with us online now.
How Chimney Inspections Help
Many know they need regular upkeep, but not everyone realizes just how important it is for your chimney’s health. Check out a few of the ways that cleanings and inspections keep your chimney in the best condition possible.
- Eliminate Blockages: When dirt, debris, and excess creosote start building up in your chimney, you will start to face a lot of issues. Not only are these materials highly combustible, but they will eventually block off the pathways that smoke and other toxins use to escape your home. Your fireplace will not run as it should and your family will face potential health hazards.
- Reduce Risk of Fire: A fire can quickly get out of control, especially in a dirty chimney. The more creosote that is built up, the higher your chances are of experiencing a chimney fire. A chimney fire will cause a lot of damage to your masonry and will likely call for costly home repairs, as well. Avoiding buying replacement parts for your fireplace by getting that inspection scheduled.
- Prevent Costly Repairs: When an expert checks out your fireplace, they can note any cracks or other signs of damage that may need repair. While most fixes are common and fairly inexpensive to address, these issues need to be taken care of right away. The longer you put off these repairs, the worse damages will become and you may wind up paying a lot more down the line.
As you can see, there are dangers involved with not cleaning your chimney properly or continuing to run it with broken or clogged up parts. Chimney inspections should be schedule by a professional at least once a year, so your chimney tech can remove soot and other types of build up – all of which may be located in various parts of the stove or fireplace.
We Perform Level I, II, & III Chimney Inspections
Our staff is trained and certified with the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) to perform Level I, II, and III inspections. This ensures you can get the care you need, no matter what.
- Level I inspections are more common and consist of basic maintenance for appliances that have not had any changes in the past year.
- Level II inspections are a bit more in-depth. If you have just moved into a home, are moving out of a home, or if you have had changes made to your fireplace, we would recommend a level II overview. These are also recommend after a severe weather event (like a flood or major storm) or after a chimney fire.
- Level III inspections are reserved for more extreme cases. If your chimney is in bad enough condition, parts of the system or surrounding wall may need to be taken apart to understand the full extent of the damage. After that assessment, we can move forward with appropriate techniques for getting your chimney back in the best condition possible.
Need Repairs? We Do Those Too!
On top of dirt and debris build-up, it is not uncommon for chimneys to need repairs from time to time. Needless to say, the sooner you can find and address these repairs, the better. The longer you hold off, the worse things will get, leading to expensive maintenance costs down the line.
Along with this, brickwork that has been worn down or exposed to excess moisture will weaken faster than brickwork that has had regular upkeep. Damages can lead to settlements or chimney collapses, leaving you with a big problem. Save yourself time, money, and stress by calling us in right away. We look forward to working with you!
Why Call Now?
If you have yet to schedule your inspection, you’re not alone. That said, time slots for fall maintenance fill up fast and, once winter weather hits, many repairs and services will need to wait until temperatures rise back up in the spring. The last thing any homeowner wants is to be without a fireplace over Christmas, so get booked now to avoid delays or hiccups down the line.
Protect Your Home – Book With Us Today
In the end, regular chimney cleanings and inspections will ensure that your home and family stay as safe as possible throughout every burning season. By reducing the likelihood of chimney fires, preventing toxins from entering the air, and ensuring that all damages are adequately taken care of, you will greatly reduce the risk of illness, injury, and costly home repairs.
Call Winston’s Chimney Service today and let us do the work for you. Our experts will ensure that your fireplace is in top condition and that all the parts are working together as efficiently as possible. When it comes to great customer service, fair prices, and a business you can trust, we are the ones to turn to.
Start your appointment today!